2. In five years’ time, I will be three times as old as I was three years ago. How old am I now?
3. The mother, father, son, daughter, uncle, aunt, brother, sister, cousin, nephew and niece of a family are all present at a family gathering. A photo is taken of them all. What is the least number of people in the photo?
4. A building that was constructed in the year 50BC was destroyed by fire three-quarters of a century later. In which year was it destroyed?
5. If a man’s mother-in-law can marry his son, and a woman’s father can marry her sister-in-law, can a man marry his widow’s sister?
1. Every month.
2. Seven. Hint: Use algebra. Let x = my age now. Then solve the equation x + 5 = 3(x – 3)
3. Four. A brother and sister, the brother’s son and the sister’s daughter.
4. AD26 since the dates go from 1BC to AD1 meaning one of the intervening seventy-five years would have counted as two.
5. No. Because he would have to be dead in order to have a widow.